Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: All Clematis Lovers

Posted by SunnySmiles51 z8 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 30, 05 at 10:13

I am asking if anyone wants to send me cuttings of thier Clematis to root for them or exchange for another kind.
I keep one and send you back one or of another kind if rooted or when rooted.
I would like at least three cuttings of a kind
I am quite good at rooting all things and have some Nelly Moser rooting now, about 10 of them
I have a purple I am putting in also.
I have seeds of Radar Love and several others I will have ready to go next Spring. Would love some input.
Sunny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: All Clematis Lovers

do you have any hints for rooting clematis?

o

I think the best way for myself (Ones I want to share) is to take one of my Vines and bend it to the ground or a pot is what I use and use a bobbie pin or something to anchor it in two places where there is joints with leaves and keep moist untill it feels like it is rooting.
I have never been able to root them in water but others do.
I also use potting soil and bottom heat if starting one given to me.
I am going to try a couple in a small glass of water with a airstone hooked to an aquarian pump all the way to the bottom and see if that works, it sure does work with other things.
Hope I could help
Sunny

o

HI. I would love to try this with you. I have 3 clematis right now that are new since spring.

They are:

Dr. Ruppel
HF Young
and ?? Can't remember the name of the other one right now.

Oh, I have 4, I also have a sweet autumn.

They are not too large, so I can't get huge cuttings.

But tell me what to do and I will send them to you and then if you could at some time send me a rooted cutting of another one that would be great.

p.s. I love that Nelly moser

Maureen

o

HI. I was wondering if you got any of the clematis I sent you to root? I tried rooting mine in water and had no luck.

Maureen

o

Are you still doing this as I have many clematis varieties that you can root.

o

Did anyone else send you cuttings and have you gotten anyones clematis cuttings to root?

o

take a look at my list and see what you want that I have and what you can send me that I don't have..

Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here