Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Name of ?

Posted by nwasowicz (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 1, 06 at 17:56

I purchased a clematis from a nursery and they didn't know what it was. I like surprises and I planted it on an arbor about two months ago. It is already at the top and growing along the top. It has occured to me that not knowing the name of it, I do not know whether to prune it down to the ground in the spring or just let it grow. It has not flowered. I live on the Washington coast so don't know if I'll get a flower or not. The leaves are medium green with a reddish edging and red stems. The leaves are oval in shape, I wanted to add a picture but can't figure out how to do it. The nursery thought it might be a Montana but I have never seen a Montana with leaves like this one has. I will try to get a picture on the site. Noel

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Name of ?

I would prune hard the first couple of years regardless of which Clem it is to encourage good root growth and new stems sprouting from the crown.

o
RE: Name of ?

Noel, Go to www.photobucket.com and open an account - set up your pictures there by useing the browse button - upload - once they are set up there you copy the HTML tag and paste on this message
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
give it a try. Lynn hope it works for you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here