Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some More Clematis Cuttings

Posted by hoot1 z5bNS (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 2, 05 at 10:00

Hre is another picture. I think I have 6 that are rooting in water.
Dawn

Image link: Some More Clematis Cuttings (48 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some More Clematis Cuttings

That is amazing. You sure have a green thumb Dawn,
Maureen

o

Wow! I never knew they could be rooted in water! That is FAB!

Thanks for sharing.
~SweetAnnie

o

hoot, just read your post on rootin clemitis,when did you take cuttings? are they still doin well? and can you tell me "if i plant seeds of clemtis,will i see them flower the same year? i've never had one ,can you tell? thanks ahead,molly

o

Some clematis seed can take a year or more go germinate. Others germinate quite a bit quicker. Here's a link to a web site that has a lot of information about growing clematis from seed: Clematis from seed. If you browse around the site you will find a table giving the germination time for different cultivars.

o

Hi Sewnmom:
My cuttings are doing super. In fact, one or two of them are starting to produce leaves while they are in the water. I was supposed to, months ago, pot them up, but I didn't get around to it, so one, in particular, is starting to produce a nice set of leaves. If I get a chance I will post a picture for you. As far as seeds are concerned, I have no idea what to do. Other people on this forum are very knowledgeable in that area.
Dawn

o

I tried this but no luck. They just sat there. What month did you take your cuttings?

What varities?

deb

o

I took my cuttings around June and it took until October for them to root. They are doing fabulous. I think I took the cuttings from either Bees Jubilee or Josephine.
Dawn

o

My clematis that I have potted up are doing great. I think I have eight new plants in total. One plant, in particular, has two buds on it. Can't believe it. Will try and post pictures of it.
Dawn

o

• Posted by magda Z 5b/6aOnt Can (My Page) on
    Thu, May 18, 06 at 7:05

What did you do with the cuttings during winter, Hoot? When I take cuttings from shrubs, or my hydrangeas, I just leave them outside for the winter in the pots buried in the ground under a mound of leaves. I have never taken cuttings from my clematis- this year will be my first attempt, and I am not sure what to do with them in case I am successful with some of them :)

o

Magda:
My cuttings were left in the glass of water until I decided to pot them, which I did this March gone by, so that would have meant I had the cuttings in water from June to March, but they started to put forth roots, I think, after 5 months. When you take your cuttings make sure you have strong, woody stems.
Dawn

o

Cool!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here