Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Boulevard Series and Clematis Wilt

Posted by mike_rivers z5 MI (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 9, 12 at 13:22

How susceptible are Evison's Boulevard Series clematis to Clematis wilt? I would like to grow a bunch of these in my rose garden but I don't want to worry about wilt.

Here is a link that might be useful: Evison's Boulevard Series

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Boulevard Series and Clematis Wilt

Hi Mike,
I've only raised Chantilly out of the Boulevard Series. I have not had it suffer from any wilt. If you want to be on the safe side, you could go with the Viticella hybrids, but most of them get pretty big. I have a fair number of Evison's clematis and love them. Good Luck!

Here are a few photos of my Chantilly:

">

o
RE: The Boulevard Series and Clematis Wilt

Thanks Pmermakov. Your Chantilly photos are lovely. Clematis wilt has really been a serious problem in my garden and the Boulevard series seems to be mostly derived from the susceptible early large-flowered hybrids. I may end up going with some of the non-vining but highly immune types such as Arabella and Alionushka.

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here