Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
West Coast

Posted by trick187 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 28, 14 at 14:50

Online Vendors selling Clematis won't ship to the West Coast.
Are there any online Vendors in California?

Thanks,

rick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: West Coast

Brushwood Nursery in GA says they ship to the continental US. They start shipping in February.
http://www.gardenvines.com/shop/

Joy Creek Nursery says they ship to CA.
http://www.joycreek.com

Both these nurseries have good reputations. I have ordered many clematis from Brushwood and have always been pleased.

o

Joy Creek is located right outside Portland, OR, so obviously they ship anywhere along west coast. Also, Silver Star Vinery, another excellent mail order source, is located In southwestern WA.

Because CA is such a highly agricultural state, there are some restrictions about what can be imported and from where......like grapes for example. But there shouldn't be any concerns regarding reputable mail order sources shipping in approved plants. Plant Delights is another excellent mail order nursery that ships to CA and carries clematis.

o

Silver Star states on the website that she doesn't ship to CA which is why I didn't include her.

o

Ahhh.....she is located right in the middle of WA state's wine country so that may be why. Dare not contaminate those valuable grape vines in CA with some dreaded foreign pathogen :-)

Although I don't do too much mail order, I've ordered both from Joy Creek and Brushwood as well as non-clematis plants from Plant Delights and have been extremely satisfied with the results.

o

Thanks! So many choices now to decide from.

Rick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here