Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does Kiri Te Kanawa look more blue or purple?

Posted by ilseschuhe 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 15, 10 at 16:02

A lot of the clematis descriptions claiming a clematis is blue usually ends up looking purple. Last year I purchased HF Young and it turned out to be more purple. I also purchased Fujisumume which is a beautiful color and comes very close to blue. If Kiri Te Kanawa looks like purple instead of blue, I'll probably end up purchasing Blue Light or Belle of Woking. Hoping some of you grow this flower and will let me know.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does Kiri Te Kanawa look more blue or purple?

ilseschuhe, I would put Kiri more on the purple side, but color is so subjective. Sometimes, even the make up of your soil has an effect on the color of flowers. Belle of Woking is much 'bluer' in my opinion. If Fujimusume is bluer for you, and that is what you want, I would go with Belle of Woking for your double. Just my opinion though. Kat

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here