Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What can you tell me about 'Pink Fantasy'?

Posted by linrose 6b KY (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 5, 10 at 10:54

This caught my eye in the Bluestone catalog. Very pretty pale pink with ruffly edges. It's listed as a group 3 - how is the wilt resistance? I want to plant this with climbing roses. Thanks.

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What can you tell me about 'Pink Fantasy'?

Have never seen this clematis in person but when I looked it up on COTW, it appears very similar, including the dark anthers, to Hagley Hybrid or Pink Chiffon. Just realize that any pale colored clematis will need to be situated so that it gets afternoon shade from hot summer sun or it is likely to fade badly. If Pink Fantasy is anything like Hagley Hybrid, it should be very resistant to wilt as are most of the type III clematis versus the LFH in pruning group II.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hagley Hybrid

o

Hagley Hybrid is more mauve and Pink Fantasy more peachy. Mine was not vigorous and I'm not sure if it is still alive after removing the climbing rose it was paired with.

HH faded badly for me even here in the cloudy Northwest.

o

I've had it for about 9 years. Love it, my favorite pink! Never wilted for me. It is different from HH, brighter and just a different shade of pink, petals are rounder too. It is not very tall - maybe 5-6', never grew taller for me. Mine climbs a support around a tall tree, so it only gets a few hours of direct sun, otherwise it's in high shade all day.

o

Pink Fantasy: Beautiful pale pink, not peachy to me. Mine is several years old, healthy and is in light shade in the afternoon. About 6' tall.

o

I like the coloring of Pink Fantasy much more than that of Hagley Hybrid. My PF had not returned last year and will be looking to get another if it proves to again be no show.

Terry

o

Not a particularly good photo, though showing 'Pink Fantasy' along with Jackmanii Superba ...

Photobucket

Terry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here