Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wrestlingmom_gw

Please help me identify this clematis

wrestlingmom
12 years ago

Hi! We moved to our new (old) farmhouse last fall, and I have a small flowered, white clematis (blooming in clusters) climbing a trellis on both sides of the front porch, combined with some RADramblin roses. The leaves are deciduous, and the plant bloomed in later summer/fall (dumb me--I didn't journal it). I thought at first it was sweet autumn, but again, it's deciduous and not evergreen--the leaves are thin, dead and brown right now. The clematis are planted on the east side of the house, with some shade from trees and certainly the porch, so it must be a fairly light shade tolerant variety. I have no idea what this these things are, and I've been reading everything I can on clematis. Any ideas? I just want to know how to care for it, and when and if I need to prune it. If all else fails I can wait a year and see if it blooms on new or old wood, but it would be helpful to know for this spring. Wish I had a picture, but I don't. Thanks so much in advance--I'm hoping one of you clematis experts have some insight! Thanks so much!

Comments (6)