Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Experience with Klehm's Song Sparrow Farm and Nursery?

Posted by juliany 5/6 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 26, 11 at 12:18

I was looking for a particular clematis and this nursery popped up on the google search. I see it is on the "list of sellers" here on the forum. I was looking for feedback(health of plants received, customer service, etc) from those who have ordered from them online as to their personal experience. I checked Garden Watchdog but didn't see them listed.
Thanks
Julia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Experience with Klehm's Song Sparrow Farm and Nursery?

• Posted by bob414 USDA 9 Sunset 15 (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 26, 11 at 14:01

If you go back to garden watchdog and search for Klehm's Song Sparrow Perennial Farm you will find them. I tried to post a link but gardenweb thought it was spam. I've never ordered from them so can't offer a personal opinion.

o

Hi, I ordered from Klehm's last fall and was well pleased with the quality and size of the plants. The shipping was on the high side (I thought!), but the box was much larger in size than expected and very well packed. I think the clematis was in 1 quart pots. I hope this helps.
Mercy

Here is a link that might be useful: Klehm's Songs Sparrow

o

I have ordered from them before and liked both the size of the clematis and the customer service I've gotten. Their catalogs are also lovely.

o

I've purchased clematis Florida Sieboldi in 2004 and H.F. Young in 2003 from Klehm's and both of these clematis are still thriving in my yard. Although their shipping is on the high side, they have very good quality plants.

o

Thank you all for the feeback. I did finally find them on Garden Watchdog but didn't see too much feedback within the past 2 years on clematis that buyers received.
I do agree with others who mentioned the high shipping costs. Scratching my head on their pricing for shipping when compared to other well known sites. They are at least double in cost.
Is there something special with their shipping? Plants appear to be the same size as you would buy at other online sites.

Julia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here