Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kivistik Clematis --wanted photos and sources

Posted by pmermakov z5-6OH (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 9, 12 at 14:11

Hi! I have become increasingly interested in collecting Kivistik clematis after seeing how my Silmakivi established itself quickly (I bought it in 2010)and bloomed like crazy for me last year. From my Internet hunting, I found that Brushwood and Hummingbird Farms offers a fair number of the Kivistik clematis. Brushwood is sold out of MARMORI, which is high on my wish list. Does anyone have any idea who might be selling Marmori here in the USA?

Brushwood sells the following Kivistik (noted if currently sold out):

Juuli
Huvi
Kauntiar (sold out)
Ilka (sold out)
Marmori (sold out)
Minister
Mikelite
Rahvarinne
Piilu
Pohjanael
Reiman (sold out)
Ristimagi (sold out)
Roko Kolla (sold out)
Ruutel
Rituaal (sold out)
Romantika
Silmakivi (sold out)
Semu (sold out)
Tartu
Trikatrei
Viola (sold out)

Hummingbird has:

Huvi
Ilka
Miniseelik
Piilu
Ruutel
Silmakivi
Viola

Silver Star Vinery offers a few as well. If you have any photos of your Kivistik Clematis, I would love to see them. Here is my photo of Silmakavi:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kivistik Clematis --wanted photos and sources

I too hope to purchase more of these from the Kivistik collection and have had trouble finding photos of many of them. Google has just an image search function that you can use to search for photos with "clematis....", and I have also searched for "image clematis ...." on Yahoo. I did come across Roogoja Farm's website which has lots of photos. In the link below, you can click on "Clematis" in the left bar, and when you scroll down the page, there will be a table of around 45 of what they consider the best clematis they have bred. (If you are like me, this will probably cause you to desire varieties not available in the US). If you click on an individual variety, it will take you to the photos of that variety in the gallery section. If you just want to skip the table and go straight to the photos, click on the "Clematis gallery" link instead and scroll down through the photos.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kivistik collection at Roogoja Farm

o
RE: Kivistik Clematis -- another photo link

Here is a link for New Eden's Pride of Place plants that has a table with about 15 clematis varieties from the Kivistik collection. They give a longer description of each variety in their table, and if you click on the thumbnail photo, you will get to see it in a larger size.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kivistik collection at New Eden

o

Here is an old thread with photos of Mikelite and Juuli.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mikelite, Juuli and friends

o

Thank you Plantloverkat, for your help. I checked out the links. I wish it was as easy to order from Canada as out of state.
Thanks again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here