Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you help identify this one?

Posted by juliany 5/6 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 16, 11 at 16:41

It grows typically to around 4 ft to 5 ft only. Starts blooming around late July into August here.

Photobucket

CLEMATIS

Thanks
Julia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you help identify this one?

Julia, it looks rather like 'Niobe' to me.

Terrance

o

Though the tepal shape is similar and that's about the height of mine, my Niobe starts blooming much earlier than late July and is less purple and more dark red than this shows on my monitor (& I realize color is iffy between the camera, the monitor & reality.)

o

Thanks. It is more a burgundy/purple color when it blooms here. I'll check the online database for Niobe.
Julia

o

Jiliany I ask the same question last year. See the attached link to my post concerning identifing that very same one. Your's looks just like mine.. I can't hardly wait til its Clem time. I was out looking at mine yesterday afternoon, I have 23 and well Asao is the front runner again as always. She has new growth buds about 1/2 the size of my little finger. None of mine ever beats Asao. Sandy .. Here is the link to my post last year. http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/clematis/msg0519122022986.html

o

Sandyl: Yes, it does look the same. Thanks for the link to your post.
I'm very anxious to start planting some new clems around our new pergola. Still have a couple of months before we can start here.

Julia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here