Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pattyw5

I'm sick of winter

So some eye candy. Not the best pictures but I'm learning.

Comments (35)

• Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Another one

Original Author
    11 years ago

On a roll here.

Original Author
    11 years ago

One more, Yes I need help with my clematis addiction. Thanks for looking.

• lesmc
    11 years ago

Hi Patty...Loved your pictures of your clematis.You have a beautiful garden and I bet when your daylilies start it is spectacular. Thought I would share a pic with you cause I miss my garden clematis too. Lesley

• lesmc
    11 years ago

Sharing another picture to brighten a winter day! Lesley

• lesmc
    11 years ago

Just one more....I don`t know how to post more than one at a time. Not very good with computers!! Lesley

Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh, they're so beautiful. Thanks for letting me see them. I can't post more than one picture at a time either. Have to answer my own post. Thanks again, Pat

• pmermakov
    11 years ago

Thank you for sharing! Lovely flowers. I am sick of winter too.

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    11 years ago

So nice to see everyone's flowers when the ground is covered in white!

Patty, what is the clem in your third photo?

HF Young, which is actually bluer than this. My old camera has color issues.
    {{gwi:265354}}From June 5, 2012

Ville de Lyon
    {{gwi:576118}}From June 5, 2012

If you want to post more than one photo in a thread, you need to first upload your photos to a photo hosting website like flickr or Picasa (what I use.) In Picasa, you can just drag and drop the photos from your computer onto the upload page of your part of the Picasa website and then it will upload. Once the photos are in, I set the album to share and then I click on the photo. Over on the right I click on "Link to this photo", choose the medium large size and copy and paste the code for an embedded image (not a linked image) into the text part of my Garden Web message. When I preview the image shows instead of the text I pasted. However, multiple replies to a thread works just as well and is certainly faster. The advantage to uploading to a web host is that once the photo is uploaded, you can use it more than once, whereas if you just upload directly to the message thread, you can't reuse it elsewhere.

This post was edited by nhbabs on Sat, Feb 16, 13 at 15:46

• grow_darnit
    11 years ago

These are beautiful! Thank you for posting. Can't wait to see my babies in spring too.
    {{gwi:576120}}

{{gwi:576123}}
    {{gwi:576125}}
    {{gwi:576126}}

{{gwi:576128}}

{{gwi:576129}}

{{gwi:576131}}

{{gwi:576132}}

{{gwi:576135}}

• sandyl
    11 years ago

Me toooooooo

{{gwi:576137}}

{{gwi:576138}}

{{gwi:576139}}

Original Author
    11 years ago

nhbabs, just saw this tonight I'll check tags tomorrow. There are two clematis in that picture that grow together. Thank you for the advise about the photo hosting site. I'll need to accomplish this soon as several photos are too large to post. I've now painted three rooms and two hallways since Christmas to keep my sanity. Everyones clematis photos are spectacular. How refreshing! My camera likes to make blues look purple and purples look blueish.

• lesmc
    11 years ago

sandyl, can you tell me the name of the last flower you posted.I love the blue.grownarnit....the third clematis on your post is outstanding. Name? I am getting ready to make a spring order and really like these two clematis. Oh, I am still "sick of winter" here in KY.!!! lesley

• sandyl
    11 years ago

Lesley.
    The first and third are the same plant Ramona, the 2nd pictures is Sprinkles which is the Pink one and the one with no blooms is Ms. Batemen, both are probably close to 8 years being planted. All three are blooming machines!

• plantloverkat north Houston - 9a
    11 years ago

I've really enjoyed looking at everyone's photos, so I will share some as well. These were taken at the Montreal Botanic Gardens at the beginning of July 2012 when I accompanied my husband on a business trip. These gardens were just huge, and I thought they were the best gardens I have ever visited. Not only did they have clematis scattered throughout the various gardens, but they had an entire section devoted to clematis.

Ashva with Savannah
    {{gwi:576140}}

viticella alba luxurians
    {{gwi:576141}}

Warsaw Nike and clematis flammula
    {{gwi:576142}}

Jackmanii and Etoile Violette on very tall supports
    {{gwi:576143}}

unknown pink, Rosemoor, Carnaby, Gazelle
    {{gwi:576144}}

Rosemoor
    {{gwi:576145}}

Carnaby
    {{gwi:576146}}

Carmencita
    {{gwi:576147}}

• plantloverkat north Houston - 9a
    11 years ago

Here are some more from the Montreal Botanic Gardens.

Pink Fantasy
    {{gwi:576148}}

Hagley Hybrid with Blue Boy
    {{gwi:576150}}

clematis brachyura with pinus mugo 'Taunenbaum'
    {{gwi:576151}}

Blue Moon
    {{gwi:576152}}

I couldn't find a label, but assume it is an integrifolia
    {{gwi:576153}}

a white integrifolia
    {{gwi:576154}}

Another without a label
    {{gwi:576155}}

unknown pink and purple viticella types
    {{gwi:576156}}

yet another without a label to be found
    {{gwi:576157}}

Picardy with Angelique
    {{gwi:576158}}

I couldn't find the label for this clematis growing over pinus banksiana 'Schoodic'
    {{gwi:576159}}

Venosa Violacea on left and Warsaw Nike with clematis flammula on the right
    {{gwi:576160}}

• grow_darnit
    11 years ago

Lesley,
    third from top is Kakio (Pink Champagne). It is in full sun and loving it there. It never disappoints!
    Grow

• roseberri, z6
    11 years ago

Hi everyone I too am tired of winter, Love all your pictures! thank you!
    growdarnit what are the names of your clematis in pictures 5&6? I too am considering and order!
    roseberri

• grow_darnit
    11 years ago

Roseberri,
    Wow, love that red!
    #5(dark purple) is Victor Hugo - it has a very long bloom time. #6 is Ramona - very prolific.

• lesmc
    11 years ago

Thanks to everyone for these great pictures and the information. I am working on my spring order and these pictures have made my day! Lesley

• roseberri, z6
    11 years ago

Thanks growdarnit! That is very helpful!
    My red is a new one,in that picture it was in it's second year. The name is John Howells and I like him alot, he holds his red in hot full day sun.Got it from Silver Star.
    roseberri

• mnwsgal
    11 years ago

A few from my garden

Proteus
    {{gwi:576162}}

Along the chain link fence
    {{gwi:576163}}

Perrin's Pride
    {{gwi:576165}}

Florida Seiboldi
    {{gwi:576168}}

NOID
    {{gwi:576171}}

{{gwi:576173}}

• alicate
    11 years ago

grow_darnit,

What is the name of the second picture? Hope this wasn't asked already.

Original Author
    11 years ago

These are some truly nice pictures of every ones clematis. Nice ideas for combinations plantlover
    nhbabs, I can't find the tags for those clematis so I won't know names till they begin blooming again. Would you buy any chance know the name of the little pink flower at the bottom of your last photo?

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    11 years ago

What fabulous pictures! Just what I needed to see.

{{gwi:576175}}

{{gwi:576177}}

I don't know why I can't find better pics. I adored the pale pink Clem and forgot who she is, but she would bloom forever it seemed! And the second pic is Madame Julia correvon ( I think..)
    I am so sad I had to leave these behind. I moved to tennesee from pa and while I love it here I'm a little sick to my stomach thinking about my poor garden and how I'm pretty sure the new owners will be ripping it out and going back to lawn. And it might be ok if I never had to pass the house again, but we used to live on the same street as my in laws and when we go back I'll be forced to see it!
    Ok...off to look at more pics to get my mind off of it! :)

• grow_darnit
    11 years ago

Alicate,
    sorry I didn't see your question. The second one is Pink Fantasy. It is my favorite pink, love that shade! Mine is in part shade, which doesn't slow it down at all. So I can't tell you if it bleaches in the sun or not. It doesn't get very tall - maybe 5-5.5 feet after 10 years. Happy gardening!
    Grow

• garden_crazy
    11 years ago

roseberri,
    Is that red one really that red!? I have never seen a truly red clematis. Do you know which one it is?
    gc

• roseberri, z6
    11 years ago

garden crazy,
    yes it is that red, it is called "John Howells" it grows well, it is only two years old in that picture and it is in full sun there.
    roseberri

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    11 years ago

PattyW - You asked about a small pink flower in the bottom of my last photo, but I think that it must be Grow_darnit's last photo in the post immediately following mine since my photos have no little pink flowers.

• pmermakov
    11 years ago

Thank you everyone for sharing your pictures! In just about two months, clematis bloom season will start for me.

Original Author
    11 years ago

nhbabs I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention. You are correct.

• carolyn18810
    11 years ago

I love all of your photos. I am so ready for my clematis to start sprouting. It is spitting snow and we are supposed to have another 'storm' early this week. :(

Trying to muliload as Babs indicated and apparently I am challenged in that area. I will have to practice.

Mme Julia Corrovan last June.

Original Author
    11 years ago

Grow- Would you know whats planted at the base of your pink clematis. Got it right this time. I'm always looking for new ideas for the base of clematis. That looks pretty together.

• grow_darnit
    11 years ago

Pattyw, that Hagley Hybrid grows through a spirea. I have no idea what kind, the bushes were there when we bought the house. I cut Hagley Hybrid every year to the ground and it completely devours everything around it in just a month. It even climbs lower branches of the sand cherry that grows by the bush.
    Grow

Original Author
    11 years ago

Grow, Thank you I didn't recognize it as spirea.

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks