Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Plant clematis root now?

Posted by tammyinwv z6/WV (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 27, 10 at 21:13

I just bought a Clematis "betty Risdon" root from Walmart bagged in peat. I can see about 2" of new growth on it in the bag. We are having lots of snow right now, and temps around 20 and up. Can I go ahead and plant it out when the ground clears some, or should I wait? If I need to wait, what should I do with it for now? I dont usually buy plants this early.

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Plant clematis root now?

I would plant it in a pot and let it grow some before transplanting to the garden.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here