Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clematis 'H.F. Young'

Posted by Towery none (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 22, 11 at 23:42

Anyone tried Clematis 'H.F. Young' or similar as a rambling ground cover?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clematis 'H.F. Young'

Yes I have...it's done very well in my zone. What zone are you in?

H.F. Young

o

Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing.

o

How do you do that? Just not put anything there for it to climb on?

o

• Posted by pippi21 Z7 Silver Spring, Md (My Page) on
    Fri, May 10, 13 at 15:30

I treated myself to my own Mother's Day Gift this morning. I've been wanting another clematis and last week I saw a table full of beautiful clemaits at Harris Teeter..like a soft periwinkle color and while DH was in for p.t. session this morning, I went back to Harris Teeter to see if they still had any of those beauties left. Sure enough they still had about 6 left and I picked over them for the best. It already has a lot of growth on it. I didn't know which variety it was till I got it home and went to water it and found the cardboard plant marker saying it was H.F. Young. Didn't know which group it was in but was hoping for Group#3 but it is in group#2 . I fed it MG liquid solution and sat it in saucer with water and out of the sun till I can get it planted. Just went to HD for the wrought iron trellis I wanted. Many years agoI had a formal gown the color of this clematis bloom and I fell in love with that color.

o

How nice that the blossom color brings back good memories for you. Happy Mother's Day.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here