Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mnwsgal

In Appreciation

mnwsgal
14 years ago

I have been thinking about posting this note for some time and only regret that I did not post it sooner while Miguel was still alive.

I started reading and posting at Garden Web several years ago but only on the clematis forum a couple of years and had very little knowledge about clematis. This is one of the sites that I check several times a day and have learned so much from your questions and responses. The time and patience that you give to me and others is appreciated so much.

Over the years I have noticed that people come and go from forums for many reasons. Please know that if you do not post as frequently or leave completely that you will be missed. I consider you my gardening friends and I thank you for encouraging me to grow and love these wonderful plants.

Comments (5)

• funnelweb
    14 years ago

I found clematis when I took a gardening tour of England and Ireland some 15 years ago and was absolutley blown away by the ones I saw. About 18 months ago I found this site and sought advice on what clems. would grow in the area in which I now live and garden. Some contributers gave me some good advice and half a dozens clems are now thriving - no doubt about it, the flower and plant capture you. I, too, visit here, but spasmodically, though I'm trying to experiment with more Australian varieties. Thank you to those who freely gave of their expertise.

• michael_in_chicago
    14 years ago

Thanks for posting. Miguel's absence will be felt here and I agree - people we run into on different forums feel like friends and their presence is missed when they are gone.

• garystpaul
    14 years ago

I'm with all of you who are writing here about Miguel. I just read about it tonight and I'm quite shaken, I have to say. I felt like I knew himÂeven though I really didn't have much of an idea. Such is the nature of this medium. But I knew I liked him from the way he answered people's posts and he was, in a strange and wonderful way, a part of my life. I never understood how some knew his name, since he never signed his posts Miguel that I can remember. And I always wanted to know what nckvilledudes "meant" :-) . I will remember him. Gary

• mnwsgal
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Gary, I don't remember Miguel using his name in his posts though many referred to him by name and some got to know him through seed trades.

Here is what he said about nickvilledudes in an earlier posting:
    Posted by nckvilledudes OrwellianzQ (My Page) on Tue, Mar 18, 08 at 11:55
    Helen, nc k ville dudes. Break it down like that and just say it. We live in NC (North Carolina) in town called Kernersville (K ville) and dudes is pretty explanatory.

At that time he used OrwllianzQ which he explained even in an even earlier posting:
    Posted by nckvilledudes OrwellianzQ (My Page) on Sun, Jun 3, 07 at 21:17
    Sue, Orwellian zone Q was my response to Ivillage purchasing Garden Web and claiming their rights to anything that anyone posted. Don't know if you are aware but George Orwell was an author that wrote a book called "1984" where the government rewrote history to suit themselves.

• mnwsgal
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am sorry that I was not clear in the original posting that this is a note to let you all know that I have appreciated your advice over the years. I came as a clematis novice and have learned so much from everyone's postings, both in regards to questions and to answers. Though it is understood through the forum structure that we appreciate each others' postings it is nice to actually say thank you occasionally. I thank you all.

Sponsored
BME Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structure