Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clematis Princess Kate

Posted by boday 4 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 10, 13 at 0:59

Hmm, a new Texensis, looks pretty spiffy. Let's see - A Duchess of Albany, a Betty Corning - on a red brick. wall.

Or Royal Velours

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clematis Princess Kate

I have been wanting Princess Kate ever since I first saw the photos, but unfortunately, it is not yet available in the US.

Duchess of Albany and Betty Corning are also very nice. Royal Velours was new to me this past fall so I have not yet seen it bloom.

Here is a link that might be useful: Google image search for Princess Kate

o

That coloration is great but Princess Diana mildews horribly for me. Not enough sun for texensis here I think...

o

I saw this one last year and have been waiting for it to be sold in the US. Love the coloration. No mildew issues with any of my clematis. We are not as humid and cloudy as the Pacific Northwest.

o

Well, I ordered a "Princess Kate" from Garden Imports, to go with a 'Duchess of Albany', I already have. Sometimes Canada sneaks in - rarely.

I'm tempted to order the Gravetye as I've heard it's a blue red color to go with the above.

Could anyone advise?

o

Gravetye beauty is red/burgandy-ish

I have one...it does look like the google pictures link

Here is a link that might be useful: Clem. Gravetye Beauty

o

Gravetye Beauty is burgundy for me as well. Leans to the red spectrum. Grows well in my garden.

From 2010
Clematis Gravetye Beauty photo IMG_8184.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here