Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
July & August Flowering Clematis

Posted by hans_2010 5b (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 17, 10 at 8:44

Would someone be kind enough to suggest a variety of Clmatis that I could grow in my area (5b) that would flower for most of July and August.

Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: July & August Flowering Clematis

Any of the viticellas or their close hybrids should work. These tend to be late flowering varieties and generally bloom pretty much non-stop from midsummer to frost. Most of the pruning group 3 clems are late season bloomers but IME, the viticellas tend to be some of the most floriferous and with the longest flower show. And they are relatively trouble free vines, typically not prone to wilt.

Is there a color you prefer?

o
RE: July & August Flowering Clematis

Thank you. We would like to have a nice blue clematis, neither too dark nor too light. The wall of the house is white brick.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here