Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to grow with Princess Diana

Posted by tryingtodecorate 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 13, 14 at 14:55

Hi, I have a Princess Diana that's been in the ground for probably five years or more. It's not bad but it just doesn't wow me like some of the other ones do. It grows up my porch railing (with help). Is there another clematis that would compliment it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to grow with Princess Diana

For me PD was a bit leggy & blooms in late April--earlier than most texensis hybrids. I put her with Abundance, which is much thicker and blooms at the same time. Both have small flowers, but different in form and both are good bloomers. PD has been twice moved and seems to benefit facing the morning sun. Kermesina also blooms in late April for me. A white Viticella, like Little Nell or Maria Cornelia might be nice. Good luck....

o

Thanks so much, Gary. I was trying to find a picture to show how it looked last year. Maybe I'm not giving it enough credit though, because it is a nice looking plant. It is just what it is, a smaller flowering clematis, and maybe I'm expecting too much from it. I've got a Henyi on the other side of the house and it just wows you. I'm looking into the ones you've listed.

o

I planted clematis "Princess Di" with "Solina"

Here is a link that might be useful: Clematis Solina & Princess Di

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here