Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandyl121261

And here I sit at work

sandyl
14 years ago

Well I just retuned from lunch break and while out for lunch I like to ride around and look at what people on this beautiful day are out doing since i can't be home right now and since its trash day I also like to curb shop the neighbor hoods close to work, Have gotten several good things mostly yard art off the curbs and low and behold I round the curve and there for the taking was a almost new iron yard swing frame that has this beautiful design across the top and the frame was about 6 feet tall and just begging for several Clematis to drap down over it. Now I'm sitting her praying that when I get off at 4 p.m. that baby is still setting there and I'll make tracks home for my 6 x8 trailer and it will be sitting in my yard by 6:00 p.m. This is gonna be a long, long afternoon.. Please say a little prayer that its still there when I get off work. If its still there at 4:00p.m. then I might have a chance of getting it in time. If I do it get i'll post pictures when I get it setup. Sandy

Comments (17)

• jeanne_texas
    14 years ago

My Prayer was sent up for you hon..Jeanne

• mnwsgal
    14 years ago

Was it still there? Hope you got it.

• sandyl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Got It! I'll post before and after pictures. Sandy

• gaylek
    14 years ago

That is wonderful! So happy for you!

• jeanne_texas
    14 years ago

Yeaaaaaaaaaa

• buyorsell888
    14 years ago

waiting for the pics!

• tulipsmiles
    14 years ago

My eye always goes toward the trash piles while driving by and in my head I'm creating what I could do with that headboard, window frame, foot stool, whatever it is..

I'm eager to see your pics!

• sandyl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here's a picture. Its not where I plan to leave it, but its just setting in my yard waiting for maybe this weekend I can get something done with it. What do ya'll think of my curb shopping? I'll install some welded wire from the top for the Clem's to climb up, Sandy
    {{gwi:578048}}

• tulipsmiles
    14 years ago

Nicely done! That will look gorgeous covered in Clematis!

• gaylek
    14 years ago

I like that find also. Will look so good with the clematis on it!

• sandyl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Will I have decided on what I want to climb up the swing frame and just now ordered Ms. Barbara Harrington prunning group #3 to go along with the Polish Spirit that my mom gave me this week which is also a prunning group # 3. I also ordered the white Huldine and will have to decide if I want two or three clematis on the swing frame. I also found a Klara, she also is a group 3 that I really, really think I needed. Sandy

• gardenbug
    14 years ago

I was on that same street during 'my' lunch break too and it fell off the back of my truck and... I want it back!!

• janetpetiole
    14 years ago

You could hang a pot in the middle and grow a smaller clematis in it and just let the vines hang down.

• talynnp
    14 years ago

And.....you could attach wire or fencing to each end of the swing frame and let the clems completely cover it. Yeah, I vote for that! It would be bee-uuutifulllll!

Tanya

• janetpetiole
    13 years ago

And of course we'll want pictures in a couple of years :)

• sandyl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone for the great ideas. I'm thinking maybe I'll attached welded wire from the top of the frame and let the Clem's climb to the top. Candence, hun I thought that was your truck I seen rounding the corner in front of me going to fast while crusing the neighbor hood's. Oh well, your loss was my gain. I'm sure you'll score another.LOL Sandy

• buyorsell888
    13 years ago

I would attach some wire, I have a sort of similar structure I've been trying to cover with Clemmies and they just don't climb up the "legs" well at all. I've been reluctant to add wire fencing to it but I think it the only way I'm going to get coverage. I try to tie them on but they slip down.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH