Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
violetta1976

At what point do I give up and consider this thing dead?

violetta1976
15 years ago

Hello all,

I know I've been MIA for a while... sorry about that. Had a bad summer on my balcony last year because of some work done on the outside of the building, but am looking forward to seeing all my potted clemmies explode with new growth this year. I can see those new shoots coming out, and it's awfully exciting!

Here's the problem, though... it's my Mme Julia Correvon. I bought it mid-summer 2007 and it gave me a gorgeous show that summer... until it wilted. Then last summer it didn't do anything at all, although I checked at one point by poking down in the dirt with my finger and the roots were healthy. You guys chastised me (lol) for checking the roots because I could have damaged new growth that was trying to come up, so I haven't done that again since.

Now, however, all my clems have new stems coming up except for this one. Everything is in huge pots on my eensy-weensy balcony, so one non-performer is a huge waste of room.

What's your opinion? Give Julia Correvon one more summer to try and make good, or give up and replace it? What are the odds it would come back after all this time? Or, do I have your permission to poke down and see if the roots are still alive?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional