Josephine:

{{gwi:578398}}

And Huldine is just beginning:

{{gwi:578399}}

kay

Comments (10)

• buyorsell888
    12 years ago

Wow you are way ahead of me. Mine are barely growing.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Buyorsell,
    It is like summer here and spring started in February! Last year, we did not get above freezing in February at all. I actually have a spike on one daylily, and the roses are blooming. The tulips and dutch iris are almost gone, and the tall bearded iris are putting up bloom spikes.

The azaleas are past peak. It is the strangest year.
    kay

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

What a nice surprise to see your lovely blooms today.

This is the first year I did not cut back all my P:2 clematis to the ground and most of them are just breaking leaf but Piilu has lots of flower buds which will be opening soon. We have a possibility of frost tonight so I covered Piilu but all the others do not have buds yet so they will probably be fine.

We usually have snow this time of year. Our spring is 4-5 wks early.

• Julia WV (6b)
    12 years ago

Thanks for posting Kay. Nice to see blooms and I love the pics of Josephine. One of my favorites too.

Julia

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    12 years ago

Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures! I was planning on buying huldine, would you mind posting a full plant shot of it when it is fully blooming? I was considering mixing it with venosa violitica (?sp) . On an arbor.
    I really like Rebecca! what a pretty red. :)

• buyorsell888
    12 years ago

Lilyfinch, it better be a big arbor to mix those two. They both are large growers. I have Huldine going up a purple leaf plum tree and VV on a 9' tall x 4' wide arbor and it reaches the top and flops half way back down.

• ditas
    11 years ago

I too thank you for posting your beautiful collection!!!
    I'm just since last year revived my interest in learning more about everything important in caring/growing Clems altho I have a few from years past that survived benign neglect/little atten!!!

What caught my attention is your Josephine ~ she looks more peachy/apricotish than my more light pink! She suffered from iron defficiency last season disappeared after my attemps at treatments & now young babies reappeared in the very site!!! So thrilled ~ should I start pinch?

Again, thank you ~ I'm getting more & more encouraged!!!

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Is Rebecca really that red? Many people say that it is more magenta for them. Thanks for sharing.

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Mantis: I have also have Rebecca and yes, it is red. This was from last year. I got it from Bluestone Perennials and after growning all summer, it bloomed.
    My zone is less than Kay's and I'm sure the intense heat she has versus up here in NY would make the bloom lighter or darker but it is red.

{{gwi:573917}}

Definitely not magenta or what some people say fuschia. JMO

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Wow, Rebecca knocks my socks off. Beautiful photos, Kay, especially of Josephine. Your photography is just prettier and prettier each time I see your posts.
    Renee