Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Alchymist Rose Seeking Clematis Companion(s)

Posted by littlelizzy123 5a CO (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 28, 14 at 21:57

I am planting an Alchymist rose this spring to grow over my arbor. While the Alchymist is a beautiful peach rose, it only blooms once a year. I am looking for a clematis or two to keep it company, and also keep the show going throughout the year.
Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Alchymist Rose Seeking Clematis Companion(s)

Clematis Etoile VIolette is a beautiful purple clematis that blooms for a long time in my garden.

o

I like peach paired with white.

Just put the potted 'Rouge Cardinal' with one open bloom by 'Secret' rose (white edged pink) and it's terrible! The dark colored clematis overwhelms the rose.

o

If you're going to go with a white clematis, the one I would highly recommend is "Huldine". Stunning!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here