Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rebecca

Posted by ruthz 8 dfw texas (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 12, 14 at 0:40

This is supposed to be Rebecca, but the color looks closer to pictures of Rouge Cardinal.
Could it have been mislabeled?
Any thoughts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rebecca

Don't trust digital cameras!
For me your clematis is Rebecca

o

• Posted by ruthz 8 dfw texas (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 12, 14 at 10:24

Thank you for verifying that it is Rebecca.
I ordered it from Bluestone Perennials and the pictures they have online of Rebecca show more scarlet and less rose color, while the pictures of Rouge Cardinal are the exact color of mine.

o

My Rouge Cardinal is opening and here it's rather wine-ish. Not as pretty as your picture_s.

o

ruthz, I have a Rebecca ordered, should be here next week. Since you are in Texas, I was wondering where you are/did you plant yours. I have a west facing fence I am thinking of planting it against, it will get Full Hot Sun from noon till dusk. Has anyone else planted clematis facing west in our hot climate and how did they do?
Cant' wait to see it! Debra

o

• Posted by ruthz 8 dfw texas (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 13, 14 at 14:42

Debra, I'm in the DFW area. I don't have any full sun with 5 oak trees in our yard. I have several planted in different locations in the back yard which is South of house. I have two on East fence facing West. None of mine have done much so far, but hopefully this year.

o

While I have seen photos of Rebecca looking as red as a ripe tomato, I've never seen a bloom on one that isn't more of a wine/rose/magenta color....ditto any other Clematis called red except for the species texensis.

o

buyorsell88, when I recieved mine with a bloom on it, your right it was more of a wine color. I am hoping as it blooms where I have planted it, in full sun, the blooms will be more tomato red. We will see, and I will post pictures. Debra

o

I have noticed that how the sun light hits the vine determines how red or wine red the bloom appears on my plant. More sun, more reddish hue.

o

I just bought one with bloom on it, it is bright red. and gorgeous. I planted it in full sun. I just couldn't cut those blooms off, not yet anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here