Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ordered my first clematis - how did I do?

Posted by njmomma z6 NJ (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 27, 10 at 9:40

I ordered from Brushwood as they had very good reviews. I didn't know about Silver Star Vinery but I'm glad I didn't because I would have stayed up all night trying to choose from them - much bigger selection than Brushwood.

I ordered two H F YOUNG and one BLUE ANGEL.

I was only going to order 1 of each, but they had a special with $5 off 3 plants and only $10 shipping on all orders which I thought was fabulous.

Silver Star Vinery describes H F Young as a pale blue and Brushwood describes it as a true blue and the pics I googles showed it as a true blue, not pale. What should I expect? Does it fade in the sun?

So, did I choose well? I'll probably order shades of pink next time if I can find some that don't need full sun.

~Natanya

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ordered my first clematis - how did I do?

Pinks don't usually need full sun and it keeps them from fading.

I have seen HF Young in person and I do not consider it true blue but it is very pretty.

o

I called and added Comtesse de Bouchard instead of 2 HF Youngs. I'm so excited!

o

You will Love "Comtesse de Bouchard" she is a champ in my gardens and a wonderful pruning group 3!!..You just can't go wrong with Dan's clematis for the price and the size..you just can't beat his expertise' at clematis...and he backs his clematis!!..He has a large selection but sold out of so much as he is moving his home and nursery to another state...do follow him on facebook...Jeanne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here