Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blackened almost burnt leaves??

Posted by Italfra1 none (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 17, 13 at 10:41

My clematis vines are coming along nicely. I'm in Northern California and I have don't have flowers yet but the vines
are covered in buds. The vines are really lush and green but yesterday I noticed a few of the upper leaves we're burnt black and shriveled up. It has been crazy windy here for the last week or so. Is it possible the wind and sun dried and burnt a few upper leaves. I'm planning on pinching them off and just keeping and eye on it. Last year was my first year growing clematis and I battled with earwigs but besides a few chewed leaves they did great. Any comments.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blackened almost burnt leaves??

Tender new growth is susceptible to breaking in windy conditions. Some people think it's wilt when in fact it's wind damage. Look for stems that are broken. Follow the damage down the stem until you find where the green growth is present.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here