Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clematis on Climbing Rose (photo included)

Posted by GardenGuyZone6a central CT (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 24, 12 at 11:20

Hey everyone.

I just bought 2 Aloha roses (hybrid tea everbloom climber) for the front corners of my new shed. I also picked up 2 Jackmaniis. What do think of planting a rose & clematis a foot or so apart in the corners and then using the climbing rose branches as a method of climbing the clematis?

Photobucket
Front door faces south.

Photobucket
Aloha rose climber

Photobucket
Jackmanii clematis

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clematis on Climbing Rose (photo included)

Lots of people combine roses with Clematis. It is a time honored combination.

o

Just be aware that the clematis will likely put on much more top growth the first season or two than will the rose....plan accordingly for supplemental support :-)

o

I know it wil be beautiful! I hope you post pics of the end result when the time comes. In the meantime, here is a thread from the roses forum of some combos that may inspire you some more. I also have climbing aloha but it's a barefoot And I haven't decided what Clem to use yet. Yours is an excellent choice tho!

Here is a link that might be useful: Roses and clematis inspiration

o

Oh wow! What a great color choice for shed.

o

I think those 2 colors will look spectacular with your shed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here