Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
buyorsell888

New purchases

buyorsell888
14 years ago

Clematis alpina 'Stolwijk Gold' one gallon pot $16.99. I took the stake out to get it into my car easier so it is bigger than it looks.

{{gwi:581683}}

Clematis 'Blue Light' one gallon pot $6.75 on sale at Fred Meyer yesterday. Had to buy it.

{{gwi:581684}}

took the picture with the dead grass as background so it could be more easily seen. DH did a bunch of work on the house last year and there was a pile of construction debris under a tarp on the lawn all winter.

Comments (8)

• organic_kitten
    14 years ago

I guess you did have to buy it! If I found a clematis that size for 6.95, you ccan bet it would go home with me.

kay

• brandymulvaine
    13 years ago

Great find! I have patches of dead grass in my yard too, did it on purpose so I can put in more plants!
    -B

• buyorsell888
    Original Author
    13 years ago

DH just cut the sod in the front yard and increased my beds by about 18" all the way around. He agreed to a foot but he dug more. I would have liked three feet but we compromised. You can't see the Clemmies but there are quite a few non climbers in these pics. Just not blooming yet. I guess you can see Petite Faucon in a cage right look at the rear door of the blue car and Polish Spirit is climbing up a copper spiral on that tree to the left of Petite Faucon. Alionushka (sp) is on the hebe to the right in the picture.

{{gwi:581685}}

{{gwi:581686}}

• janetpetiole
    13 years ago

Why does he want all that grass?

Your borders are very nice.

• buyorsell888
    Original Author
    13 years ago

He has this strange conviction that homes must have a big lawn. It has weeds and moss but he has fought me for years on making it smaller.

• buyorsell888
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I finally found a Huldine and planted her to climb my purple leaf plum. Paid $15 for a gallon that had multiple stems. I've already whacked her and planted her so I didn't take a picture.

• kitkat_oregon
    13 years ago

BoS, how far away from the trunk of your tree did you put Huldine? I had to move my Gravetye Beauty from my fence to a spot I chose under a madrone tree with the idea that she would grow up it, obviously :). I am beginning to regret this decision as the madrone is going to require some kind of wire mesh to get her to the first branches and her roots are in the shade and it will take a good 3ft of growth until GB reaches the sun. Now what?

As to my purchases, I have eight new clems coming from Joy Creek and Brushwood they are:

Asao, Starburst, Gypsy Queen, Black Prince, Candida, Venosa Violacea, Star of India and Tsuzuki. To top all that off, I discovered a Kiri Te Kanawa in a pot that I had completely forgotten about, coming on strong. I love this clematis, I have two now...hee, hee.
    Kat

• buyorsell888
    Original Author
    13 years ago

About 18". DH spiraled copper tubing up around the trunk so she can climb up. You can see 'Polish Spirit' spiraling up on the tree in the top photo. Planted last year.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida