Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clematis nurseries - suggestions please

Posted by GWlolo none (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 16, 13 at 13:05

In my previous home, I planted several Clematis from Chalkhill which did wonderully. There were a couple of hours away so I drove there and really enjoyed my visit. Looks like chalk hill is no longer in business? Where do buy clematis? Any good clematis nurseries in california or online sources?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clematis nurseries - suggestions please

Lots of good online sources - Joy Creek, Brushwood and Silver Star Vinery are a few of the best.

o

i CANT RECOMEND BRUSHWOOD ENOUGH. THE PLANTS ARE REALLY BIG AND HAVE MULTI STEMS. DAN HAS DEALS EVERY SO OFTEN SO GET ON HIS MAILING LIST. THERES ONE RIGHT NOW FOR 10% OFF I THINK BOBBY

o

Brushwood, Silver Star and Joy Creek are also my favorite clematis suppliers.

Here is a copy of the email from Brushwood just mentioned by bobbygil:

April Showers Special!

All over the internet I keep seeing cute messages and gripes about the winter hanging on too long. Cleverly modified computer messages about "failure to load spring" are among my favorites. I also see friends' Facebook posts showing images of their weather; either pictures out their windows or their weather maps showing storms and continuing low temperatures. This morning it is quite cold here but still springlike for us and I'm excited to do some planting with the whole family this weekend! For those of you still dreaming of spring (and everyone already enjoying it!), here's a coupon code just for this weekend. Type SHOWERS in the discount box at checkout for 10% off your order. Yes, that still includes shipping in the discount! (shipping costs have skyrocketed this year and we know you're feeling it). The coupon is even good for plants already on sale like our roses which are on special for another week only and some of our cool new clematis! New orders only, please.

o

Thank you so much for sharing the email. I just ordered two more clems (not that I needed them, but...).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here