Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redsox_gw

Speaking of Nelly Moser

redsox_gw
14 years ago

Does this clematis have lighter green leaves than most clematis? Mine is kind of anemic looking and has lighter leaves than my other clems.

Comments (3)

• jeanne_texas
    14 years ago

Not neccessarily..sounds like your clematis is deficient in Magnesium....you need to sprinkle a couple TBS of Epsom Salts around your clematis and water it in..this will green it up..I've had to do this to several of mine before my Alfalfa Tea was ready...Jeanne

• sandyl
    14 years ago

My Nelly to looks anemic. I got her last fall at the Middle TN Plant Swap so this is my first year with her. She is growing nicely but the leaves are very pale and almost have no, what I call green color to them. The leaves are almost greensh yellow, more yellow than green. She looks heathly but i'm not use to seeing the pale leaves on my clem's. I'll try the Epson Salt on her. I have been watering her with cow poo tea. She is in a large pot which will be getting full sun in the near future and after reading the post about her blooms fading I think i'll go ahead and move her to the north side of the house which will only getting very early morning sun and see how she like it over there. Sandy

• redsox_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll give it a try.

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional