Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
True size of Teksa

Posted by lindyb z8 OR (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 12, 09 at 17:50

I've read conflicting statements about the size of Teksa. I had planned to put it on an arbor with Mme. Ernest Calvat until I read that it only gets to 5-6'. Then I read somewhere that it gets 6-8'. The first will do in a pot with a shorter pillar while the second is too tall for that but is it really tall enough for an 8' arbor? Until I feel confident about how tall this one will get I'm not comfortable about planting it anywhere. Can someone tell me their experience with Teksa?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: True size of Teksa

How tall any clematis will get will vary from garden to garden due to cultural practices, sun exposure, length of growing season, overall vigor of the individual plant, and many more factors. A range of 5 to 8 feet is not that big of a difference when it comes to clematis. What someone tells you about their Teksa may or may not have any relation to what it will do in your garden.

o
RE: True size of Teksa

My Teska has stayed within 5-6 feet but it is only 3 years old.

Mickie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here