Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looks like I'm gonna have some blooms!!!

Posted by Desirai 7B (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 14, 14 at 18:14

I posted a week or so ago that my grandpa accidentally chopped my clematis down.

I didn't have much hope for blooms this year. But I can't believe how it has recovered! It's already got some blooms on it! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looks like I'm gonna have some blooms!!!

That's so exciting!

o

Look!!! :)

o

That's a beauty! I love the color. Do you happen to know what its name is?

o

No I don't, I was hoping someone here would know

o

How pretty !! I'm not too good with names so I hope someone can help you. I love the rich color ! Do you grow any other clematis ?

o

Sorry can't help with variety as too many look alike and different monitors produce different hues. It is lovely and what joy those first blooms bring to our hearts.

My clematis plants are just starting to emerge and/or bud. Seeing your photo has me anticipating their first blooms.

Thanks for sharing.

o

It is a beautiful bloom! Clematis are so resilient. It almost looks like my Niobe, but I really can't tell. Hope you have a ton of blooms. My Nellie Moser and Earnest Markham are loaded with buds, I can see them getting darker with color. Any day now, it is like waiting for eggs to hatch. :-)

o

Chopping them down helps them rather than hurts them.

Not Niobe which has yellow stamens.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here