Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you have the holes dug when you expect a shipment of clematis?

Posted by organic_kitten 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 27, 10 at 19:06

Debbie instructed me to have the holes ready and plant the clematis immediately. do you usually do that?

(I am planning to have the holes all dug. why take chances?)

kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you have the holes dug when you expect a shipment of clema

Nope - I'm not that efficient or organized.

Deanna

o

Me either.

o

I never have before, but since they will be out of the pots, and I will ber in the middle of a four night stretch of working, I guess I'll finish up tomorrow and actually have the holes dug too.

kay

o

Nope I've NEVER that..because I might just change my mind and place them somewhere else...

o

I always have the hole dug already! Less work all at once! I don't usually change my mind because by the time the hole is dug I've spent plenty of time thinking about where the clem should go, where the best sunlight is for it, what's planted around it, etc. Well researched ahead of time, before I even begin to dig.

o

No, I never have holes dug in advance but I've never ordered from Debbie who sends with no pots either. I bought Heathers that I knew were coming with no pots and I did dig their holes.

I mostly buy plants because I have to have them rather than having them for a certain location. I collect plants, I don't landscape.

o

I had the spaces ready, but dug the holes when the plants were delivered, so they are planted. All were beautiful.

kay

o

Holes dug ahead of time? Is THAT a novel idea!
My new plant acts like a diving rod. I walk around my garden plant one hand, shovel in the other. Thinking.... feeling...trying to figure it out.
I'm a collector... I think I need an intervention.

o

For sure I have the holes dug in advance. I don't order unless I know what is going in the holes. Not only that, I also dig the holes for my dahlias in the fall when I dig the present seasons out.That way I can improve the soil and have it ready for the next spring.I'm Mrs efficient. ha I'm also 76 and usually get my grandsons to do the digging.They are willing to work for me for a small fee of course.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here