Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seven more arrived today!

Posted by DebraV 6 TX Panhandle (dvessels@cableone.net) on
Fri, Apr 18, 14 at 19:42

As promised by one supplier, to replace three that did not look so great upon arrival, and an order from Brushwood, all arrived in very good condition. Packing tape to hold the soil and paper in place on the replacement order really made a difference, so I am very pleased with the condition of all of the new arrivals. And a delightful surprise was having a nice big bloom on 'Rebecca'. Now, all I have to do is decide where to plant what and who to pair with whom! Happy gardening! Debra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seven more arrived today!

These are the four from Brushwood, Piilu, Florida sieboldiana, Rebecca and General Sikorski. All will be new varieties for me, but I think I will put Piilu in a pot for this season.

This post was edited by DebraV on Fri, Apr 18, 14 at 21:23

o

Very nice!

o

They look fantastic !! And Rebecca is very pretty !!
I don't know what happened to my andromeda , it totally wilted and looks horrible ! Lol

Do you have some nice structures for yours to grow on or do you have a fence?
Mine are in pots til we finda house , and I have a few obelisks to use . I love seeing how people use them in their gardens !

o

The back lighting shows off Rebecca beautifully. Happy planting!

o

Thank you, now all I have to do is plant them.. Some will stay potted until the fall. I also received 3 more Guernsey Creams from an Ebay purchase when I thought everyone else was out of stock.. I ordered two, the seller sent three, they were tiny and healthy, bare root, so they have been potted, and hopefully we will have restored the 100 year old front porch by the end of summer and I can plant them then. I love free clematis, but I am overwhelmed right now.
lilyfinch, I have all of mine planted along our fence that surrounds the property. I do have a dozen simple black iron trellis's, and we just built an 8' Cedar Oblisk that I will plant on three sides, It looks a little akward right now, I need to add something for them to climb on, but hopefully it will be covered with clematis in no time. I am planning on putting just some plain metal fencing on a large amount of fence for the tendrils, as I have seen other members do. And planting the Sweet Summer Love with some SAC, and just let them do their thing. I have alot of fence, we have a large lot, but not really any space to put an Oblisk in the middle of the garden and grow clematis all around it. I think that looks amazing. I will post some pictures later this week, after some planting. LOl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here