Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clematis ? or Weed

Posted by susie-nc (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 13, 09 at 20:21

I purchase this plant 2 yrs ago and it said Sweet Autum Clematis...it blooms white...........What is it...name...Thanks....Diane

CLEMATIS-1

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clematis ? or Weed

sweet autumn clematis

o

I agree--clematis terniflora. Sometimes my plant's leaves have the same white/gray striping on them as well and it goes away as the weather warms up. It seems to be tied to the coolness of the weather as the leaves develop or at least that is the way it seems to happen on mine.

If you check it out on COTW, there is a variety of terniflora called var. robusta and its description says that it can develop leaves with a silvery stripe.

Here is a link that might be useful: clematis terniflora var. robusta

o

Thanks for the information..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here