Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
funnthesun

Need to figure out how to work this...

OK, so I have 2 areas that I am moving some clems to or that I have bought clems for but I'm not sure which way to do this and need a little help, if you guys don't mind.

First area: is in front of the house where two iron trellises are located between 2 foundation bushes. I was PLANNING on putting Rebecca there with Bourbon b/c I thought that Bourbon actually had the wide red rim around the edge of the bloom but further investigation has shown that it is more likely just a dark pink with no red, so I don't think I want to group those together now. By the way, each trellis is about 3 feet wide by 6 feet tall.

Second area: A very large wooden fence that is about 10 feet tall and 17 or 18 feet long. I plan on putting lots of clematis all the way down that. The fence is actually the back side of my raised deck, so on the opposite side is up on the deck, so it would be great if the clems actually bloomed on both sides. The boards are staggered, some more to the front and some more to the back by a couple of inches, sort of woven together, so there is plenty of room for the clems to go around, if they want to.

I haven't researched these at all, yet, but I was thinking that maybe in the front on the trellises, I would put Vienetta with something like Souvenir de Capitaine Thuilleaux or Cassis for a great contrast. I'm not even sure if they are the same group or not yet, but something like those together instead of the Rebecca and Bourbon.

Which means, Rebecca and Bourbon will need to be moved around the side to the fence. Along with them, I have Dr. Ruppel, H F Young, Snow Queen, Pink Champage and one other mystery clem that I have never seen bloom. All of these need to be moved to this location, also. Let's see, that's 7 so far. Not enough or just right? I'm thinking I need something with color impact around there, I am definately a color impact person (no pastels for me, usually!)Some of these are rescues, so to speak, so that is why they are pastels. Also, I haven't looked at the heights yet, but they do need to go somewhere, so I thought if they were too short, then I could just add that one into one with a complimentary color that was taller.

I know this is a lot of detail, but any help, if you made it through reading all of this, would be great. Thanks!

Comments (3)