Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
10 year old Josephine in trouble

Posted by ditas z 4b-5 Iowa (My Page) on
Fri, May 27, 11 at 0:36

Hi ~ Just like Ramona, she's suffering from yellow mottled leaves. All I did this early Spring was cleaned up her area better than before ~ other perennial neighbors were crowding the site ~ also pruned her ( not to the ground) scratched around her feet & dug up some wandering prairie plants. She probably prefers to leave her site alone ~ untidy. I didn't think I did anything to wake up the bugs!
Wonder what I should do to help her get better?

In the album the last 3 were from previous years ~ please click to make pix larger ~ thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Josephine sulking.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 10 year old Josephine in trouble

Maybe you need to do a soil test? Maybe lacking something or an excess of another?

Mine is always sadly a slowwww grower but she looks a tiny bit better this year.

I would say do a soil test of the bed (but not when you've recently fertilized) and make sure that is not the issue.

Can you propogate her by layering? Maybe that way you could at least get another plant to take her place?

kentstar

o
RE: 10 year old Josephine in trouble

• Posted by ditas z 4b-5 Iowa (My Page) on
    Fri, May 27, 11 at 9:10

Thank you K~s ~ I should probably do that ~ now that for the first time she is behaving in this manner. I did scratched in, some Osmocote around her feet as I did the others ~ should wait a bit then.

The only other time all 7 I have, except SAC, behaved poorly was when we had a boggy w/too much rain Jun one year~ followed by oppressive Jul ~ steamed cooked, almost but they survived! We've been getting seemingly incessant rains & intermittent cold days this Spring.

I've never tried layering/rooting except for Hydrangeas.
Thanks again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here