Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Arctic Queen seedlings pics

Posted by grow_darnit 4 MN (My Page) on
Sat, May 9, 09 at 1:34

Two years ago I collected seeds from my Arctic Queen to grow indoors. I had way too many, so I used a half of them and then burried the rest of the seeds under the mulch here and there. To my amazement the following spring I discovered a mat of seedlings by my Irises. We remodelled our house last summer and had to move out for the whole summer, the seedlings were too young to move and I didn't expect to see them when we came back. Well, I was wrong! And now I see more of them all over the flowerbed where I scattered them! I guess sometimes the easy way is the best way.
two year old seedlings of Arctic Queen
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Arctic Queen seedlings pics

How exciting!

The parentage of Arctic Queen is unknown. It will be interesting to see what the blooms look like. Try to save as many seedlings as you can, wait for them to bloom, then pick the best plants. And don't forget to post photos :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here