Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pump_toad

Yesterday I bought Integrifolia Bushy Blue Bell- so.....

pump_toad
12 years ago

Does anyone on this forum have this and if so do you like it? After I got it home I thought maybe I should have left it there. I already have Rooguchi and now I am thinking they would look pretty much the same.

Since I've got it any information would be helpful.

Lois

Comments (10)

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

I have grown this clematis since 2003. It grows well and continues to bloom all summer/fall. I grow mine through a crosshatched hoop to give it some lift and let it drape down rather than letting it wander in the bed. The flowers are more bluish than purple. I can't compare it to Rooguchi as I haven't seen my Rooguchi bloom yet. I think I am going to place Rooguchi in place where it can wander.

{{gwi:261468}}

{{gwi:585875}}

• Marlene Schmidt
    12 years ago

Lois,
    May I ask where you found your plant? Anywhere near Cedar Falls? I would love to find that variety.
    I got a new laptop and gardenweb would not accept my name & password so had to start a new user name....I used to be summer music.
    Marlene

• pump_toad
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Marlene,
    I got this clematis at Tiet's Nursery. ( I don't know if that is the correct spelling.) Anyway, it is south of Waverly on Highway 3. I did pay $ 17.95 but it was in a gallon pot and was nice. They said they had one left.

• pump_toad
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Marlene,
    Oops- the direction is East instead of South.

Mnwsgal-Thanks for posting the pictures. It was very helpful.

• Marlene Schmidt
    12 years ago

Lois, Many, many thanks! I called Tiedt's & purchased the last one by phone, will pick it up Friday when I am in Waverly. I just started planting integrifolias in the last year or two, they are a nice additon to my perennial beds. Needed (?), or wanted several more as we are on the CF garden tour in July. The integ's will be something different for people to see. I will send you an email.
    Marlene

• janetpetiole
    12 years ago

Bushy Blue Bell grows well in my garden. I support mine in a hoop, too.

• Marlene Schmidt
    12 years ago

Janet, How tall does your Blue Bell grow?
    Thanks, Marlene

• janetpetiole
    12 years ago

C. Caerula "Bushy Blue Bell" grows 1-2 feet tall. Last year my 3 or 4 year old plant was about 15-18 inches tall.

The bumble bees like it too. I have a photo of a bee inside one of the blooms. I forgot how to post photos, but I'll figure it out.

• janetpetiole
    12 years ago

C. Caerula "Bushy Blue Bell" with bee
    {{gwi:585876}}

• ditas
    12 years ago

My Blue Bell is eons old but don't know if he's the bushy kind. He loves his space he crawls all over the area he's at so for several years now I have replace his tomato type hoop w/ a 2 ft tall cage to lift him up from crawling. He drapes over the wire fence & still crawls.

Unfortunately & sorry to say that I have taken him for granted & didn't find any photo of the poor guy. He is full of buds now ~ went ahead & photographed him
    ~ will again when he flashes & will post then!

'Love your pic of BBB Jp!!! Can't remember how mine looks like I'll soon pay him the atten he deserves!

TIA for reading long post!