Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Red and purple combination. Yes or no.

Posted by pump_toad z4 iowa (My Page) on
Fri, May 28, 10 at 11:26

Has anyone combined a red and purple clematis and if so did you like it? I have seen that color combination in flower baskets and it has a rather bold look but I am not sure with clematis.
Opinions please.
Lois

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Red and purple combination. Yes or no.

Go for it.

o
Oops

Forgot the photos

o

Gorgeous photos. Names please. TIA

o

I too ADORE the combination of red and purple..I went thru my red and purple faze in 2008...planting many of those together..Love the "VV" and "EM" together and "Mrs. N. Thompson" PROVES those two colours were made in heaven...Jeanne

o

'Rouge Cardinal' and 'Venosa Violacea' are the two together and 'Mrs. N. Thompson' is the one with purple and red on the same flower.

o

Thanks for your input on this color combination and I will go for it if I can find a red that I like.
Lois

o

I inavertently put Ville de Lyon between Multi Blue and the President a few years ago. I don't care for it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here