Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Others in Bloom or Starting

Posted by nckvilledudes 7a (My Page) on
Tue, May 5, 09 at 14:49

Clematis addisonii plant I

Another addisonii that has a lighter colored flower.

Arabella in a pot

Hanajima

The one whose name always makes me look it up---Sizaia Ptitsa (Niobe is trying to look out amongst all the foliage of SP but is not doing too good of a job doing so).

Zoebluepi

An overview with Petit Faucon, integrifolia Rosea, Juuli, Pamiat Serdtsa

Integrifolia Rose Colored Glasses

The first bloom on Betty Corning with many more to come.

Madame Julia Correvon's first touch of color.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Others in Bloom or Starting

Nice to see your blooms. I bought a Betty Corning in a gallon pot at Donhues open house recently. Haven't planted it yet as wanted to wait for first bloom to be sure it is BC. It bloomed yesterday, light purple like yours except the center of each petal is white. I have seen a variety of coloration on BC photos.

Madame Julia Correvon is my oldest clematis and up about 6 inches today.

Those Clematis addisonii are so pretty.

o

Yum Yum..your clematis are off to a grand start this year Miquel..gorgeous...Jeanne

o

I can't make up my mind which part of addisonii I like best, the flowers or the leaves, they are so beautiful.
Am not having too much success with my seedlings, they seem to grow a few sets of leaves and then either get PM or just frizzle up. Hopefully they will come back.
How do you treat your seedlings Miguel?
All your clemmies look great, Hanajima is gorgeous.
I wish someone around here would sell it.

o

Hey Miguel, your clematis are looking good. I love that peacock! The clematis were early to bloom here this year and some of them are already covered with blooms! Betty Corning is devouring a rose and I need to go rescue the poor thing today :-)

Carol

o

Thanks all. Hey Carol, long time no see/hear. Hopefully you all are getting some of the rain we have been getting lately.

Helen, so far I only have two seedlings of addisonii up and growing and I haven't had to do anything to them. My plants in the ground can get mildew very badly so when that happens, and believe me it will, I normally whack them back and allow them to come back up.

Helen, I have a seedling of Hanajima that has your name on it if I don't kill it this summer. Of course it will be a seedling and may not come true to name but it is yours if you want it.

o
RE: Others in Bloom or Starting-

We have been getting some very needed rain! I never complain about a rainy day anymore. I've been finishing the master gardeners course so I've been scarce lately :-). Enjoyed it but didn't have any idea what I was getting into as far as the time required for classes, study and volunteer work. It's nice to have my life back!

Carol

o

Miguel, want want want!!
Thanks muchly!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here