Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
piksi_hk

Koi Gardens - where's Jerome?

piksi_hk
14 years ago

I emailed Jerome regarding an order and it's been over 1 week and no reply. Have you gotten your orders?

I received 3 texensis from Jerome a few months ago, and only one has shown signs of life. Who has texensis 'etoile rose', 'gravetye beauty', or 'sir trevor lawrence'?

When do they come up? What should I do?

Comments (47)

• alina_1
    14 years ago

I also emailed him a couple of times about 3 weeks ago. Then I sent a text message. No reply.

I received a first part of my order in April - 5 Clematis that he had in stock. I was very pleased with the quality of the plants.

• bonniein
    14 years ago

I purchased a few clematis from him on ebay and I sent him a message a few weeks ago and finally got a response last week.
    He said he's had to take on a part time job and is terribly busy.

• sheltieche
    14 years ago

I hope he sends clemmies that I ordered from that special he runs and other ones sometime soon. Summer is going by and I would rather plant out now than in the heat of the season....

• bonniein
    14 years ago

When I originally ordered he said early May for shipping so hopefully his work schedule won't put him behind on shipping.

Have you went to his website because many are on sale which were originally for DG members but I assume it's for anyone now. http://koigardenclub.com/Co-opClems.htm

• bonniein
    14 years ago

Ladies thought I would copy and past from DG just incase you are still wondering:

"Hello Everybody, thought I better jump in here and let everybody know what is going on.

One word. Swamped. All the clematis arrived in two shipments, the last week in April, and the first week in May. Now that the clematis are here, I'm looking at 200+ packages to ship out.

Last week I hired my niece, Adrianna, to help get it under control. We shipped a big load last week.

Mon, Tues, Wed Adri will be packaging and pulling orders solo while I'm at my part time job (that job ends the last week in May, and then I'll be 100% KGC again.)

To add to the chaos, geraniums and grasses and other miscellaneous items have been shipped to my sister in SD who wants to take over the shipping operations. There are definitely some growing pains involved.

Emails: Guilty as charged. I try to scan for "important" issues every day or two, but some get missed. I try to get the emails completely up to date at least once a week or week and a half. The primary mission now, however, is to get the vast majority of these plants to their owners.

I am behind.
    I am overwhelmed.
    If you're mad, I understand.
    If you have an email in cue, I will get to it.
    If you can continue to be patient through the next 2-3 weeks, it would be greatly appreciated.
    If not, a refund will be given, but it may be after this May insanity. I hope you understand.

Perry Jerome Post "

• alina_1
    14 years ago

Understandable. I still hope to receive my order before we will have our usual hot May weather. I guess it is going to be complicated in my case because I ordered some of those Geraniums.

• piksi_hk
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, Bonniein, for the update.

• evesapple2
    14 years ago

Thanks for the update. I also have an order, of 4 clematis, with Jerome. Last year I got a refund for my order. It appears I might get a refund this year also. Don't know where I am in the"kue". Kim

p.s. As it turns out, with our hot spring last year, it was probably just as well. This spring it's almost as hot, keyword being almost. Hope I get my clems

• grow_darnit
    14 years ago

Just got my order from Jerome! Looks good. I live literally two hours away from him, so hopefully everybody else's are on the way and will arrive soon too.

• sew1
    14 years ago

I to, have been waiting for any correspondance. After placing an order and paying for it, one would like a status update several days out from order date. Jerome should place a message on his web site with updated information as to why he has not responded to anyone's communication. He should not be that hard to reach. At least acknowledge that he received our communications in one way or another. Even if is an auto response. Not good customer service. He should not allow any more orders until he can catch up to ones already to be filled. We should not have to seek out information ourselves through Forums, etc. as to whether or not this is a legitmate business and/or the reason why things are the way they are.

• alina_1
    14 years ago

I agree. It would also be nice to have an order confirmation email. I forgot what I ordered!

• nwkrys
    14 years ago

I recieved 6 of the 7 clems I ordered in the mail today (Crystal Fountain, Empress, Franziska Maria, Purpurea Plena Elegans and two Pagodas). Rooguchi will be in next shipment. I'm in Oregon so not close to their location. All the plants look just fine. Small tops but lots of roots. In the past have other buyers just dropped these in the ground or planted in a pot for the first season? Good luck on your orders!

• sheltieche
    14 years ago

Received notification my package is going to be sent.

• jeanne_texas
    14 years ago

I planted mine directly in my gardens..but I am anal about making sure they stay moist...by checking them daily..Jeanne

• unprofessional
    14 years ago

I must've gotten your rooguchi, nwkrys. =P Most of mine arrived yesterday - montanna grandiflora and John Warren will be in my next shipment. All that arrived look quite healthy. Gonna be a busy day!

• alina_1
    14 years ago

Still did not receive my order...

• eastautumn
    14 years ago

I just got my order yesterday and it had an error in it. I got one clem I didn't order (Edouard DesFosse) and didn't get the integrifolia I ordered. All except for the Edouard DesFosse look great and I'm starting to put them in the ground.

I'm thinking of ordering some more from him... It looks like the special is still running, but maybe that's because he hasn't updated his web site. Does anyone know if we can still order at the listed prices? I guess I'll give it a try and see.

• daylilyluver
    14 years ago

Does anyone have any pictures of what their new purchases look like? I'd like to compare. I've contacted Jerome as mine looking nothing like the plants displayed on the webpage.

• senko
    14 years ago

I am still waiting for a response, not to mention the plants. I think nothing will be in the ground before June.

• alina_1
    14 years ago

Me too. I am really upset now. It is getting really hot here, not a good time to plant.

• senko
    14 years ago

I think some people got their orders, but I have not. I am getting really upset about this. I think I will wait one more week and if nothing happens, I'll go to Dave's garden watch-dog to report. I'll se what else I can do.

• alina_1
    14 years ago

I did not get my order either. Nor reply to my emails.

• piksi_hk
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I received my last one "Princess Di" and it looked good; but Sir Trevor L. died...too much water:( I dug it up and it fell apart. Now still waiting on the other texensis to do something.

• cnetter
    14 years ago

I didn't get a response to my email, but I did get my order and it looked good.

• senko
    14 years ago

How is it that some people are getting their orders but I have not gotten anything yet. I can not figure out if they are working or not. I am sorry to be involved with this business, which was recommended in this forum.

• sheltieche
    14 years ago

I got two packages as I placed two orders, one was missing one clem and another was missing 3. I am hoping it all will straighten out soon.
    When you shopping for bargains, some things like that are inevitable, specially if Jerome is changing jobs, etc.
    First package was from special order and those pots were bigger, some of them went into ground. Second order from regular site and those were usual Donahue 2" pots which I normally pot up until end of the summer, then I plant them in the garden.

• daylilyluver
    14 years ago

This was my first and last order. Still waiting on 1 of my missing clems from my shipment.

• alina_1
    14 years ago

I've sent one more email today. If I will not get a response and the order within one week, I will also report on GWD. My order was quite large, so I am really frustrated.

• michael_in_chicago
    14 years ago

I have not received my plants, either, nor any responses to emails or messages. I paid via PayPal, so am following up with them to grieve.

• senko
    14 years ago

OK! It is beginning of June. His job should be done. And now we are demanding our plants! Does anybody have heard from him? This is his last chance to fix things up. I leave messages at his meebo but do not get any response. May be we should gather to do something about it.

• alina_1
    14 years ago

I did not get a reply to my last week email. What can we do? I do not think I will be able to open a dispute on PayPal - it has been more than 45 days since payment.

It is really frustrating. Ordering plants should be a joyful experience.

• buyorsell888
    14 years ago

First of all you should try to call him.

Sometimes emails get blocked or mis-routed. They don't always bounce back to let you know. I've had an ongoing problem with Comcast cable blocking my co-workers and friends. Check your own spam folders for his response, contact your ISP if you don't know how. Everyone thinks email is always 100% but many years of eBay selling/buying and also being a sales rep for my real job had taught me different.

If this doesn't work and you paid with PayPal file an Item Not Received Dispute, if it has been longer than 45 days and you funded with a credit/debit card contact your bank to file a chargeback. Debit cards with the Visa or Mastercard logo usually have chargeback privileges.

Leaving feedback on Garden Watchdog should be the very last thing you do. When it is all over so you can rate the entire transaction.

• buyorsell888
    14 years ago

IF you bought from him on eBay, you can get his phone number by pulling his contact information.

Advanced Search
    Members
    Find Contact Information

you'll need the item number and his eBay username

• wildflower3
    14 years ago

I just received a partial order (14 clematis) via Fedex from Koi Gardens. Placed my order in mid May. My order form indicated the rest will come in a second shipment and the geraniums have already shipped via Priority Mail. All in all it looks really good. A couple pots had dirt knocked loose but so far I'm happy. (Received email last week indicating the Fedex delivery for the June 2nd, and yesterday an email about the postal delivery and tracking numbers. Hope it all works out for everyone(including me!)

• kraze_kelly
    14 years ago

I placed my order 5-21 and received two of the three I ordered today. It says the third will be on the next shipment. All in all the plants I received were what I expected.

Kelly

• lalalandwi
    14 years ago

I placed my order prior to the last people that posted & still haven't heard word nor a shipment. This is starting to get scary. Is he charging for shipping again the 2nd time if you aren't getting a complete order? According to the 1 person that heard from him & the time of her posting, it seems it should be at any time now that he gets it together to ship. I'm still confused about why he is sending partial orders? Is it because he is getting more stock in or just that unorganized? I do not want a substitute & if I can't get any part of that order, I want to cancel it altogether.

I feel extraordinarily bad for alina 1! It seems you have gone the longest w/o plants nor interaction. I hope you can get something worked out with your bank. I will be paying very close to the dates thanks to you so I can use paypal to bail me out.

• buyorsell888
    14 years ago

I don't know how it works but I saw on one of the pages of their website that they are on Twitter. I don't know if that means you can post to them there or not...

• senko
    14 years ago

I placed my order February 11!!! It has been a loooooooooooong waiting. Have not heard anything yet. I am sending my last e-mails to him. I will give him until the end of this week. Then I will be starting a new thread for those who have unfinished business with him. Let's see how many people we have from GardenWeb.

• alina_1
    14 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I just managed to contact Jerome via chat on his web site. I've been waiting for each answer for about 10 min or so. I asked him about my order. He said that I will get it next week - partially (whatever that means...). I also asked him to post some comments in this thread.
    Sorry, that conversation was way too slow, so I only got two phrases from him. I sent him a link to this page. Hope he will find a couple of minutes to post here.

Lala, thanks for your kind words :0)

Senko, please check out this thread from time to time. Also, try to contact Jerome the way I did.

• chills71
    14 years ago

I've still got an outstanding order as well. 4 plants. Were there not such a commotion here I would be concerned, but Jerome seems to be getting things out as best he can and given how chaotic my own life has been lately (4 weddings and a funeral....hmmm sounds like a movie...lol) I really can't be too frustrated.

Now if the plants arrive and are not healthy or arrive after August, then I will be really irked.

~Chills

Who still has to figure out where he's going to plant them anyway.

• sheltieche
    14 years ago

I think some professional moves can be disastrous. Change of job that should have been easy suddenly gets complicated etc... we all know how we plan our life and life makes plans for us...
    I think as long as Jerome eventually works his act together which should be soon enough as growers are going into slowing down season, we should start seeing all last deliveries.
    I could have ordered my clems from Donahue directly and pay $10-12 per plant or get it from Jerome for $6.50. I do not think he is making such a profit on them...

• janetpetiole
    14 years ago

Donahue's also has a wholesale business. I'm sure Jerome doesn't pay retail price. Plus, if I remember correctly, he lives in MN, so he probably didn't have shipping costs either as he could pick up his order from Donahue's.

• grow_darnit
    14 years ago

The plants I got from Jerome weren't Donahue's.

• janetpetiole
    14 years ago

That's good, because a lot of what Donahue's sells are the more common clematis, unlike Chalk Hill that had a lot of clematis that no one else carried. It would be wise for Jerome to sell the hard to find clematis.

• senko
    14 years ago

Yes, Jerome's prices were very low. But he offered it, so we bought it, or so we thought. Retail business is the word of the mouth and the experience of the individuals. I think he is loosing some business here.

• alina_1
    14 years ago

He will definitely loose me as his customer if I will not get the plants next week.

I think he should've updated his web site and/or post a note here about the delays. It does not take too long.

• mmd4
    14 years ago

It seeems rather deceptive for him to keep accepting orders, when he has not filled orders dating back to February. I ordered on April 30 and only received half the order. I thought he had hired his niece to complete the orders. The whole thing is just unprofessional, he should take at least five minutes to post a note on his website.