Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help with clematis ID

Posted by sushi_deluxe z5 Chicagoland (My Page) on
Sun, May 16, 10 at 17:57

My friend bought this clematis two years ago. It must be type 2 because it blooms on old wood. The blue is really that color. Does anyone have any idea what it is?
Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: blue clematis

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help with clematis ID

looks like it might be The President

o

wow - that's a blue I've got to have.

o

My President isnt even close to that color, it is much more purple. I'd love to know what that is...

o

The only one I have that is that intense blue is Rhapsody, but colors look different on different computer monitors.

o

My friend found the tags from the clematis she planted--it is either The President or Ramona, but it looks much more blue than The President.

o

I have both in my garden. It sure looks more like The President than Ramona; in fact, I'd say definitely NOT Ramona. Whatever it is, it's a beauty. Gary

o

Wished you had a pic of the clematis upclose for it seems to look like Clematis "MultiBlue" to me...did it have the big boss in the centers?...Jeanne

Here is a link that might be useful: MultiBlue

o

Not Ramona. Multi Blue is a sport of The President, mine isn't that blue. I'd say it is The President.

o

Here it is up close. Thanks for all of the help.

Here is a link that might be useful: closeup

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here