Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
yellow leaves on two of the clematis

Posted by rehabbingisgreen z5 (My Page) on
Tue, May 10, 11 at 18:30

I have 4 clematis planted in the back yard. 2 are plants I brough here and 2 are plants I found in the front yard and transplanted them last summer. I don't remember what variety I bought and I've never seen the two that were here bloom. Oddly the two that were native to this house are turning yellow but mine are nice and green. One each that is yellowing is next to a green one and that is making it more difficult to figure out what it is.

I do also have one clematis in the front that I planted there and she huge and is doing beautifully. This one has lived in a pot I drug around for a few years and she is happily finally in her ground home.

Something is definitely up with the pair I transplanted from the front and I don't know what.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: yellow leaves on two of the clematis

Can you post a picture?

Did they go from shade to sun?

Did you dig a huge rootball?

Did they go from a moist area to a dry one?

o

Roots on them were small. They were on the northish west side of the house and moved to the east. They are in a more moist area now with more morning sun and less afternoon sun. I'll try to get photo later. They are small still, maybe a foot or so tall.

o

Well the top leaves seem to be a bit greener today, good sign.

o

These leaves are on the Jackmanii that I posted today.
What is its problem?The yellowing goes about 2ft.up.
Pat
Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here