Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
njmomma_gw

L@@K what I found at Lowes!!!

njmomma
13 years ago

I came home with Miss Bateman for $9.98 in an 8" pot.

They also have these below, please tell me if they are winners and if I should go back for them!

These are $12.98 each but some of the Miss Bateman's were labeled $9.98 so I picked one up.

Dr. Ruppel (looks great in pics online)

Fireworks

Ramona

Thanks!

Natanya

Comments (12)

• justme4now
    13 years ago

Pictures?

• njmomma
    Original Author
    13 years ago

sorry, no pics. Nothing spectacular - just 12 inches high full of leaves on a tiny trellis. I was happy and surprised to find so many varieties (they also have HF Young, but I already ordered that one). They are bigger than the ones I received from Brushwood.

Just wondering if I should go back for some more and which ones. thanks

• janetpetiole
    13 years ago

Ramona - yes

I've moved Fireworks several times to get the right light without too much fading.

HF Young is a great clematis.

• tammyinwv
    13 years ago

I love my Ramona, Here are some pics:
    {{gwi:589676}}
    {{gwi:589677}}
    Tammy

• buyorsell888
    13 years ago

Tammy, that isn't Ramona, sorry. Ramona has red stamens.

• buyorsell888
    13 years ago

Fireworks grows huge, keep that in mind for placement. Mine is MIA but I've seen a mature one locally and it was a monster.

• robiniaquest
    13 years ago

Tammy,
    I think you have H.F. Young. It is a bloom machine, isn't it? Ramona is beautiful, too, but mine doesn't bloom as much as my H.F. Youngs do. Lowe's clems are nice plants, but watch out for mislabeling! They are terrible about that. I always try to get one in bloom, or at least with a bud that shows some color. Miss Bateman is a very good clem, too.

• jeanne_texas
    13 years ago

Tammy...Robin is correct..that looks like Clematis "H.F.Young" and what a GLORIOUS SPECIMEN you have grown..just stunning congrats...Jeanne

• hawaiicolleen
    13 years ago

I have just moved to this part of TX and am looking for vines. I love clematis but was unable to grow it in Houston. Does anyone know if it will grow here and which ones do best under what conditions?
    Thanks

• unbiddenn
    13 years ago

I've had no problems with Fireworks. Full sun between two roses it IS large, and one impressive bloomer. I'd buy that one again.

• janetpetiole
    13 years ago

Does Fireworks fade badly in full sun? I have it but try to keep it in shade. The plant is robust but it doesn't bloom well.

• eden_in_me
    13 years ago

The Lowe's in Augusta ME is finally wising up and has some Type 3's in the $12.98 pots. I have them all already, think they had Ernest Markham & Polish Spirit when I was there last week. Well, the Ernies I had died, but the pictures on the label weren't that great, so I passed up trying it again, but will be looking to see if there are any left when they put them on clearance.

They did have one Type 2 in the bunch, Kakio, which hadn't survived for me before, and there was only one, not the best looking, but I had to get it to replace some of the the 2's that didn't make it this Winter, even tho I did make some improvement to the drainage in my tubs.

Marie