Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gaylek

Clematis blooming in NC

gaylek
12 years ago

Our clematis and other flowers are at their peak, I think. Hopefully, this link will take you to facebook to my page of my 2011 flower photos:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1845280945082.102883.1632410905&l=7e78595cc1..

Please let me know if it doesn't work and I will try to upload some to the gallery...which I haven't used in a L O N G time!

Comments (17)

• ibanez540r
    12 years ago

It works if you get rid of the ".." at the end of the link.

!! Those are this year already!!?? Are you kidding me!? Just makes me want to move south that much more. I'm near Cleveland OH and things are just barely starting to green up. :-/

• gaylek
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, these are this year's pictures. Thank you for looking at the pictures. I took some of Cl.Henri yesterday and haven't posted them yet. The blooms on it are at at or over 6" in diameter. Beautiful to me.
    My favorite...if I have one of the photos... is the one with Cl. Jackamii and the Dutchess of Albany(at least I think that is the name of the pink one) I have been pleased with how all have done this year. Did lose 4 to the cold this year but ordered from Brushwoods some replacements--Multiblue, "Miguel", and Candida. Have them potted till the fall!
    Hopefully you will have blooms before long! Our weather can't decide if it is spring or summer! Plus our home has been blessed because the tornados have missed us!

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Some of us do not use Facebook. I would enjoy seeing your photos if you would post them on this site. I grow both Jackmanii and Duchess of Albany and would like to see your photo of the combination.

• gaylek
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I thought since I put the album so everyone could see them that you did not have to be a facebook user. Just wondering if you tried the link? If so and can not access then I will try to load some of them in the gallery. It will take some time because of learning how to upload.

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Sorry, I did not try the link as in the past I have not been able to see Face Book albums.

I just tried and was taken to a sign up for Face Book message saying I did not have permission to view the page.

I don't know how to upload to this site from your album. I use Photobucket and can copy the html for each photo and post it in the message.

• wildflower3
    12 years ago

Tried the link several times and it will not work for me.:(

• gaylek
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Just tried to upload in gallery but it failed. I have reduced the photo. I did have a webshot account but hated to keep paying $49 per year. Facebook is currently free but guess this is the draw back. Will check out other options.

• buyorsell888
    12 years ago

You have to use HTML code to link photos that are already on the web in posts here. Facebook does not allow linking so you can't link your photos uploaded there to other websites. (I just tried it with my own)

You cannot view Facebook albums, even if they are public, unless you are a member and logged on.

Photobucket offers free photo albums that can be used to link here or to Facebook or any other website where you can link photos.

• gaylek
    Original Author
    12 years ago

hopefully picture

Here is a link that might be useful: Clematis Jackamanii and Duchess of Albany

• bob414
    12 years ago

I can see the picture. Nice. I like the color combination. If you go to your photobucket album and hover your mouse cursor over the picture a 'share' screen will pop up. On it there is a line labeled 'html code'. If you left click on that line it will copy the code. You can then paste it in your gardenweb post and the picture will show up where you pasted it when you preview the post. That way you can put more than one picture in a post.

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Thanks for posting the photo link. They do look nice together.

Reinforcing bob's comment above: If you paste the html in the message box rather than using the URL link box the photo will show up in the message when you preview the message.

Here's my Duchess of Albany a few years ago on a six foot trellis. Last year I put up an 8 ft wire fence behind it and several other clematis. Hopefully this year they will vine together and the contrasting blooms will look nice.
    {{gwi:577724}}

• gaylek
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you for all the help with posting the picture! Hopefully I learned how! If the picture is below...bingo I learned if not :(
    {{gwi:590386}}

• gaylek
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Huldine....one year old!
    {{gwi:590387}}
    {{gwi:590388}}
    Preteus, I believe
    {{gwi:590389}}
    And with our dog, Buster checking out what I am doing!
    {{gwi:590390}}

• pippi21
    12 years ago

They are all beautiful and look very healthy. Love the two clematis vines together. I'm about to lose my Comtesse de Bouchard and I would like to replace it with another but there are so many I like, it is hard to choose another one.

• wildflower3
    12 years ago

Those sure are beautiful. The large purple and the small pink flower complement each other wonderfully.

• gaylek
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks.I too love the purple and pink. The Duchess is also sprawling all on the ground. I am just letting it grow.
    I too lost some clematis this year....Comtesse de Bouchard, HF Young, Multiblue and one Proteus. and perhaps one more. Some of these were about 10 years old. But we had a very hard cold winter!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting