Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
threas

My Clematis Pix

threas
13 years ago

Here's my Clems growing in a window box because I wasn't sure where to plant them. Now they are entwined together. They look really pretty. Anyone know what the large white w/lavender edge is in the first photo? It was labeled Henryi. I know that's not right. It's my favorite of the bunch.

Theresa

{{gwi:493026}}{{gwi:493027}}{{gwi:590441}}

{{gwi:590442}}{{gwi:493028}}{{gwi:590443}}

{{gwi:590444}}{{gwi:590446}}{{gwi:590447}}

Comments (12)

• eden_in_me
    13 years ago

It might help if you could go to the website of wherever you bought them, if it was a clematis nursery, and look at the pictures of what they sell, or Donahues if the tag said they were originally from there.

BTW, they are all lovely. I hope the roots aren't all tangled together when you decide where to plant them, probably in the Fall.

Marie in ME

• buyorsell888
    13 years ago

I see Ville de Lyon which is the magenta edged pink one but don't recognize any of the others.

• threas
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Unfortunately, The one I need an ID for, I got at a Garden Club Sale a couple of years ago. The others are , Buyorsell is right,Ville de Lyon,Josephine and Killian Donahue. I did get those three from Donahue's.
    Thanks for the compliments!

• janetpetiole
    13 years ago

One word...

Stunning!

• kentstar
    13 years ago

When you do get to plant them, you'd be better off cutting down close to the ground anyways, so just clip them down and plant. They'll regrow bigger than ever!
    Lovely combos BTW!!

Cathy

• hibiscusjoe
    13 years ago

it looks like it just might be 'veronicas choice' she's a daughter of 'vyvyan pennell.' both my favs.

I like how your mixing color and not worrying about group type.

clematisjoe

• threas
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Clematisjoe, I think you are correct about the "Veronica's Choice". I came to that conclusion last year but forgot about the name until you mentioned it. Thank you! She's my fave too! I googled "vyvyan pennell", she's a beauty too! As far as grouping them together, that is just dumb luck. They are all in a pot together, 'cause I wasn't sure where I was planting them.LOL
    Thanks all for looking!

Theresa

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    13 years ago

That is one of the loveliest color combinations I have ever seen. Wherever you end up planting them, I hope you can achieve a similar overlap. Seriously, that mixture is lovely, lovely, lovely!

Kate

• janetpetiole
    13 years ago

There is no reason why should couldn't plant them all in the same hole.

• janni_dk
    13 years ago

that is one awesome combo! They really compliment each other.

No wonder clematis is addicting, you can fit them in almost anywhere, they come in nearly all shapes, sizes, and colors - and you can make the most beautiful color combinations.

Thanks for sharing!

• threas
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you, everyone! Janet, that is a great idea. Never thought to do that. It will really make planting them easier.
    Should I transplant in the fall?

Theresa

• janetpetiole
    13 years ago

I would do it when most of the blooms fade. Cut them back hard, dig a nice whole for them, get soil between the individual root masses. Be very good about watering.