Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sydneye_gw

Need a clematis Hardy for PNW,

sydneye
11 years ago

Hi there, I am on the search for another clematis. We currently have one #2, but would like another with perhaps a different flower style. We are going to be removing a far overgrown rhody from in front of our house, and I like the idea of having another clematis to vine up the house and flower, without being so overbearing like the rhododendron. The current clematis is lovely, has huge dark purple blooms, though, there are not a ton of buds. I'm wanting a variety that might just be covered with blooms. I do realize this will take some time, but, at this point I'm a little lost as to what might work best. I don't want something that is going to only bloom at the ends of the vines, so, if anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear it. any color would be nice, bi-colors, double blooms, whatever. Our front yard is predominantly helebores (against the house), fox glove, hollyhocks, echinacea, poppies, lupine, that kind of thing, and colors range through the spectrum. I would like to avoid too light a pink as that was the color of the rhody, and I'm not sure it does much for the look of the garden, I'm thinking something with striking color could be nice...

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz