Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janetpetiole

For the low, low price....

janetpetiole
14 years ago

Wayside Gardens is selling it for $37.95.

Can you believe that?

Comments (13)

• janetpetiole
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Forgot to mention the clematis.....

Betty Corning.

• jeanne_texas
    14 years ago

Janet..I saw that and was SHOCKED..LOL..Jeanne

• janetpetiole
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I emailed them to confirm the price. It is the actual price!

I just looked at Joy Creek to check their inventory of Betty Corning. They have 40 in stock, so the inflated price at Wayside isn't because there is some weird industry shortage of any kind or something. Also, the price at Joy Creek is right in line with all their other clematis.

• natalieb2270
    14 years ago

I noticed that the other day as well, the reason is because it is a trade gallon size. The other plants are bare root or in a small pot. You would think they would have a smaller betty corning for us at a decent price, kind of weird if you ask me :)

• whoopdedeaux
    14 years ago

That's not a good enough reason! Silver Star Vinery sells them from gallon pots and their price is around $18. Have they lost their minds????

• WendyB 5A/MA
    14 years ago

Plus, I bet the trade gallon container is not even filled with roots. It was probably recently potted up.

Either they are out of their minds or its a typo mistake.

• buyorsell888
    14 years ago

Wayside Gardens is a huge rip off in general, not just on this particular item.

• nckvilledudes
    14 years ago

As PT Barnum said, there is a sucker born every minute!!

• buyorsell888
    14 years ago

PT Barnum was right, a lot of people fall for Wayside's hype. Ditto their sister site Park Seeds.

Garden Watchdog has hundreds of negative reports on them.

• flowergirl70ks
    14 years ago

I got a Betty Corning at a small nursery in Kearney, Nebraska last year. It was in a 2 gallon pot for $16.95. She has already reached the top of the trellis. I do have one good thing to say about WWF. I ordered a Kamada Fugi tree peony from them, they sent a very big plant and the first bloom was 5 flowers. I nearly fainted, as I have waited 3 years before for that many blooms.

• matt_in_mi
    14 years ago

Thanks, I ordered TWO!!!

LOL

• buyorsell888
    14 years ago

They sent me teeny tiny starts and half died. Half the replacements died too and they would not credit nor replace them. Three years later some of the plants I got from them are still tiny and more died.

• alina_1
    14 years ago

I had similar experience with Van Borgondien. Very poor quality plants. Some were dead upon arrival. Never got my money back.
    I bought Viennetta from Wayside last year. Could not find it at other places. This time it was not bad - the plant survived this very harsh winter. They also have Cassis on sale - for about $7.
    I am waiting for my Betty Corning from Koi Gardens... Should arrive soon... Have anyone received messages from Jerome recently? He does not answer neither my emails, nor text messages.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?