Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
robinava

A companion for Betty C and Etoile Violette

robinava
14 years ago

I have 3 blue green evergreens. I planted Betty Corning in the middle and Etoile on one side. I am looking for a third vitacella that will look great with these two. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Comments (9)

• buyorsell888
    14 years ago

How about Tie Dye or Venosa violacea?

• jeanne_texas
    14 years ago

I think a white would compliment both..how about Clematis "Huldine"?...Jeanne

• robinava
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you buyorsell. I will consider your suggestions. Hi Jeanne, on 2 of these trees I am presently growing Alba Luxurian with Betty Corning in the middle. I bought a nice Etoile Violette at Lowes for $1.50 so I thought that I might move the AL's to another spot. Maybe I'll just leave them alone and plant EV someplace else.

• lalalandwi
    14 years ago

Were you able to see EV in bloom? The only reason I ask is that there seems to be a lot of posts lately about the Lowes plants being mislabeled. It would really stink to base your color palette off of EV if it wasn't what you think it to be. I haven't purchased anything from Lowes but other stores of that nature & have been quite lucky. Just a heads up is all. Hope you got the EV & what a great price that is too!

• robinava
    Original Author
    14 years ago

No blooms yet. I bought it the day that they arrived at Lowes so I doubt if the tags had been switched. Actually I have had great success with Lowes Clems. I would have purchased more but I had all of the rest at least the ones that I would have been interested in buying. I am concentrating on group 3 clems and that was the only one that they had. If it is not EV then I can always dig it up and move it to another location.

• mnwsgal
    14 years ago

I am sorry to say that I have been at a Lowe's when new clematis arrived and they were all labeled the same but there were several different varieties in the mix. Some pinks, some whites, some purples, some I knew and others I didn't, so don't count on them being labeled correctly. I bought several gal. pots from them late last fall that were not in bloom and am hoping they are labeled correctly. Sale price was too good to pass them by.

• jeanne_texas
    14 years ago

My Lowe's and Home Depot don't carry ANY clems this year..talk about disappointment..lucky you and what a great price...call me pea-green with envy!!..Jeanne

• robinava
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey Jeanne,yes I have been very fortunate with my Lowes purchases. Have about 8-10 and all of them were as labeled and quite healthy. If they are in bloom and mislabeled I let the manager know but they don't really care. I also bought a HF Young even though I have 2 others just couldn't resist at that price.

• buyorsell888
    14 years ago

I have seen multiple mislabeled Clems at Lowe's and Home Depot recently. Last year too.

For that price though, I'd buy now and worry about which Clem it is later.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler