Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aliska12000

Is it possible my C. Rooguchi self seeded?

aliska12000
14 years ago

Tried to layer the other one of two last year, checked this spring. Nothing.

So today I'm just putzing around, one of my two is on steroids, so I had to shore it up until I figure out what to do with it. I suppose I can cut it back but hate to. Two were purchased for each side of an arbor which fell or was pushed over, and I'm hoping to get it back up. 3rd year for the clem.

Anyway, as I got it somewhat under control for now so it wouldn't block the light from my echinacea, I look down and pull a weed. After I look at it in my hand, nice little short roots, no taproot, soil damp from rain or it might have snapped off, I think, wow, that looks like my clematis, put it up against the clem and looks the same only with 3 leaves and no sign of a vine yet.

So I tried to stick it back in the ground, thought better of it, and see I've pulled out two, come in the house, stick it in water while I get a couple little pots ready and potted them up and set them back outside on the front porch.

There's another one out there still in the ground. I will laugh at myself if I potted up a couple of weeds, can take a photo tomorrow and post back.

Comments (7)